If you’re on LinkedIn, you’ve probably noticed their new look. In January 2017 LinkedIn released a desktop redesign, the largest overhaul since their inception. They wanted to make it easier for you to access relevant conversations, content, and opportunities, whether from a mobile app or desktop.
It’s a great time to revisit your LinkedIn profile. Like it or not, LinkedIn has become like your digital business card. And who wants to give out a sloppy business card—to 450 million people?
What Not to Do
Here are some common mistakes we see in LinkedIn profiles:
- Unprofessional profile photo
Save the selfies for your personal life. When it comes to business, make sure you have a professional image of yourself. It can get you up to 9x more connection requests.
- No background image
Don’t settle for the standard nondescript blue background. If you want to stand out from the crowd, then visually showcase your business in the header.
- Default headline
This is like your personal tagline. Have something more creative than just your job title and company name.
- Uninteresting summary
A professional bio is your chance to shine. Tell your story in a way that sticks.
Take It Further
Once you have a profile set up, are you leveraging the power of LinkedIn? Here are some other actions to consider that will promote your company.
- Keep connecting with more people to expand your network.
- Create a company page. This will highlight your business more than your profile can.
- Post content that shows your expertise in the field. This will engage people on a deeper level. 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute content.
We Can Help
We’ll help you create a digital business card you’ll be proud of.
- Are you confused by all of LinkedIn’s different sections?
We’ll help you figure out what information goes where.
- Do you want to improve your profile, but don’t have the time to do it?
Let our creative team craft it for you.
- Do you need a professional photo?
Come on over to our studio, or we’ll come to you for a photo shoot.
- Do you want to create a company page or content to post?
Consult with us, and we’ll strategize together.
Partner with us to develop a LinkedIn presence that will set you apart. Show the world that you want their business.